Quadro RTX4000 + AJA Kona HDMI

Hi there,

we have an upcoming show, where we need 5 HD cameras connected to one machine.
I would like to use a HP Z440 Workstation we already have and upgrade it with one PNY Quadro RTX4000 and two AJA Kona HDMI cards.

I am hoping for low latency with the “GPU Direct For Video Support” mentioned here. [url]https://docs.derivative.ca/AJA[/url]

Has anyone experience with those cards and the combination of those?

Would love to know it works, before spending that amount of money.

Best wishes,
David

Yes, the GPU direct should work with the AJA Kona HDMI.

Thank you malcolm, thats great to know :slight_smile:

I will report back how RTX4000 + two AJA Kona HDMIs are working for us, in case anyone is interested.

I just wanted to report how it is working, in case anyone is interested:

After having to swap all four AJA Kona HDMI cards with new ones (there was a problem with a previous batch in production), I can now capture 8 FHD 60 fps signals in TD.
Using the GPU direct feature, I wouldn’t say , that the latency is lower than with other cards I have used, but the CPU doesn’t break a sweat, which is great.

Good times :smiley:

Hi @django ! Came across your post here from a while back because I am in the midst of trying to set a similar thing up with AJA KONA HDMI cards using their 2 x 4k60 input option over two cards. Seems like maybe SDKs or something have changed over last few years as TD is behaving oddly and not being able to select more than one channel. BUT we can catch them in OBS, so I know one of the cards works.

BUT BUT we can’t seem to get our second KONA working and was just curious if you discovered any hardware/motherboard/configuration/driver sorts of tricks to getting multiple working when you did it. The system is capable ( dual CPU big mother board with lots of x8 and x16 slots) but we are using dual GPUs which may or may not be a factor, but all testing happening on just the one GPU for now.

Thanks for reading, django and derivative!

-P

Hi archo-p,

I don’t think I did anything special back then to get it running, but after we got new workstations in 2021, I couldn’t get those cards to run properly, as well.
I was in contact with AJA and TD support, but in the end we had to buy other capture cards (Deltacast).

Sorry I cannot help.

Best of luck!