Mac Book Pro 18 Vega 20

Hello Communtiy,

after I recieved a permanent ban after submitting this questions early this day… oO

…I’ll try again.

Has anyone expirience with the new Mac Book Pro Vega 20 Model (latest Mojave) and high GPU consumption even on low tasks using TD (latest stable or exp)?

I’m on an average 80-90% load with really basic sphere and particle network.

Also I can’t open TD (latest stable or exp) using Windows 10 Bootcamp.

Please dont ban again… I know Mac Books arent the way to go but I just tested it on a machine and was highly wondering if this is working as intended.

Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Cheers, guys and gayls. Have a good one!

Hi chr_g,

Sorry about that. We’ve been dealing with a spam issue on our Forums and it appears that your original post was flagged by mistake.

We’ve un-banned your original account if you’d prefer that one.

Thanks for re-posting and letting us know!

Thanks for letting me know nadine.

Cheers

Regarding the not being able to open in bootcamp, the graphics drivers included in Apple’s bootcamp setup are very old and likely the issue. Go to AMD and get the latest drivers for Windows and you should be ok. If it is still an issue, please send us the crash report or look in macOS ‘Console’ application for dumps created by TouchDesigner. We should be able to find the cause with this information.

Regards

Regarding masOS GPU usage, unfortunately when Mojave was released and we had to change the macOS SDK version, GPU usage instantly jumped 10-20% from their previous SDK, along with the introduction of a long list of bugs we have been chasing to fix. These issues have been reported to Apple but no response as of yet.

Curious for my own testing, what are you using to measure the GPU % usage?

Thanks for the reply ben.

Regarding Windows:

Before I read your reply I went to bootcampdrivers.com/ to get a decent driver (not offical) … but big thanks for coming back at me - appreciate it.
So Windows works for now. I’ll let you know if there are any crashes happening.

Regarding macOS:

Aww I see. Well, no biggie for me.
Well I just used Activity Monitor to see usage of GPU (Activity Monitor - Window - GPU History).

Do you recommend a better way? HW Monitor or something?

Cheers