Portable Workstation

Hi all,

I am building a desktop for use specifically for Touchdesigner (live camera feed, multi projector, VR projects). I’ve browsed mini-PCs like the zotac but I love the idea of upgrading parts (GPUs etc). Building a PC is rather overwhelming since I’ve been a on mac forever. In addition the desktop I had in mind should be portable enough to be placed on site as well.

Can anyone share their experience building a computer specifically for Touchdesigner with the shuttle or DAN cases for example? Im actually eyeing on the DAN Case A4 SFX v3.

If anyone has a build recently which you were delighted with, I’d really appreciate in hearing about the parts you used.

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

I have a Corsair Pro One for this purpose. Could’ve saved a bit of money by building, but liquid cooled 8700k and liquid cooled 1080ti in this form factor is hard to beat!!

Don’t rule out laptops! You can do capture, multiple outputs, and VR quite handily on them. If portability is something you want, it’s hard to beat a machine with a monitor, keyboard, and UPS built right in. :wink: