PS3 Eye Webcam in touch?

Has anyone tried to get the PS3 Eye Webcam working in touch?

CDM just published an article about it, and it was mentioned that there’s one thing that might confuse some software, so I wanted to ask if someone got it working.

Yeah, I got it working with no problems about 6-8 months back. I used the same software/driver package, the AlexP drivers.

IMHO, this is one of the BEST webcams out there. Super crisp image and can go at up to 120 fps! Excellent for any tracking duties one might have. Its not HD, but i have yet to see an HD webcam that looked good. At $40 its hard to beat the value…

sounds good. I’m thinking about getting the modified version available here
peauproductions.com/store/index. … ath=1_6_10
gotta do some IR research first.

Hey Ben,

Is there a trick to getting this camera to work in Touch ? I installed the drivers, the camera shows up in the CL-Eye test program, but nothing in Touch. The PS3 Camera is available in the Video In TOP, but just shows a black screen when chosen. Tried it on 2 computers with several versions of Touch . . . 5072, 3712 and 3415, XP and Win 7.

Thanks,
Jeff

I got it working with an older driver in XP, I tried the version from 12_31_08. Haven’t tried any more recent drivers, probably will need to for Win 7. I’ll update when I do that with a version the (hopefully) works.

Jeff

The most recent drivers, 4.0.1.0215, don’t work in Win 7 and Touch - same as above, the camera shows up fine using the camera test app, but just a black videoin TOP in Touch. Driver version 4.0.0.1223 does work just fine in Touch.

Same Issue…

same here

dl.dropbox.com/u/12452622/CL-Eye … 0.1223.exe

thx jesse.

I spent some time with the latest version of those drivers today trying to get things to work but no luck. The simple app works but for whatever reason the call to DirectShow to create the camera fails inside of Touch. Something to do with some other device/OS resource we are using I guess, but no luck figuring out what it is.

is there any progress in this case ?
With last drivers is the same
:frowning:

Same issue here,
TD can’t read my PS3 Eye webcam.

Mathieu

The Dropbox link is dead, but you can still get the old driver from this URL :

codelaboratories.com/files/a … 0.1223.exe

(Didn’t work for me, but may still be useful to others)

The latest (5.3.0.0341) drivers work in 077 for me, but I still haven’t found a way to get it working in 088. Any tips would be appreciated (running windows 8)

Same issue. I can’t even see the PS3 Eye in the Video In TOP / Device parameter, even after installing the CL-Eye Driver. Also tried a generic webcam but it also didn’t show up in the Device list either. About to throw in the towel on webcam support in 88. Somebody please help!

What generic webcam? I had heard that most that worked with Windows drivers were working with the Video In TOP.

Any progress on this?

Bump. Never managed to get the PS3 Eye to show up as an input device in 088. It is the only way I have of doing infrared tracking, and would love if it was 088 compatible.

Updated Dropbox link:

[url]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12452622/Software%20Downloads/Installers/CL-Eye-Driver-4.0.0.1223.exe[/url]

When I run this - it tryes to download inf file frome codelabs…no success.
Tryed to install CL-Eye-Driver-5.3.0.0341 - install goes ok. But no success in touchdesigner video in top…