Multitouch Control via iPhone or iPod

Howdy Forum,

I’m new to the forums (and touch) so perhaps someone can answer this question: does touch impliment TUIO or it’s own custom protocol for multitouch?

Here’s a handy TUIO/custom osc control option some of you may be interested in, Memo (of memo.tv) says it best:

=======

MSA Remote is a free app for iPhone & iPod Touch allowing remote control of interactive installations and multi-touch applications using the wifi network. The application can be distributed to visitors, guests, members of the public etc. to interact with the installation, or just used by dedicated performers.

memo.tv/msaremote_for_iphone

there’s no TUIO support, but as far as i know TUIO is based on OSC, so basically you should be able to receive everything using the OSC DAT and then massage the received data using this guide tuio.org/?specification

It seems MSA Remote hasn’t been accepted yet on the App Store. Looking forward to trying it. I have been experimenting with some other OSC applications on the iPhone, mrmr and OSCmote, and they are working great. However they both work by creating small multi-touch UIs, I would like to find something like MSA remote that just gives me an blank multi-touch slate to interact with.

As Achim said, since TUIO is OSC based, it should be possible to get the data into TouchDesigner.

Ben, have you tried fantastick? pinktwins.com/fantastick/

Not sure how good it is as the documentation is next to nothing (unless you use MAX/MSP), but it sounds like it’s exactly what your looking for

That does look like good, but its app store description says 0% OSC, and its $4.99 to try. I think I’ll download the max patch and see how it interfaces using UDP first.

let me know if you find out something interesting. Here’s the topic on the MAX list
cycling74.com/forums/index.p … oto=164652

There is a TouchDesigner wiki page of our findings to date at:

derivative.ca/wiki/index.php … and_iPhone