Anyone using a ThinkPad?

Was considering buying a Lenovo ThinkPad W series notebook for use with Touch. Just questioning whether the ATI FireGL gpu will work… I know NVidia is the recommended gpu but I really like the options/form factor of the W series notebooks.

Does anyone have experience with that GPU or laptop?

Can anyone recommend a better option? I was looking forward to going with Lenovo but any brand/model will do as long as it meets requirements. Will be using mostly for Touch and Blender 3D.

Thanks!

It looks like you can get the W with an Nvidia Quadro 3700M (with 1GB video ram). This is a great card to run Touch with, but it also looks like its only an option on their 17" versions.

Running ATI is hit or miss, but we have no test results from ATI’s FireGL line of cards.

HP has a 16" widescreen laptop with an Nvidia Geforce 9600M (512MB), its smaller than a 17, not quite as small as a 15".

For strictly 15.4", you can check the Acer Aspire 5920 or Dell XPS1530, both with Nvidia Geforce 8600 cards which are sort of last generation graphic cards (already out of date). The Apple 15" MacBook with the Nvidia Geforce 9600 (recommend the 512MB option) is a good choice. The 15" laptops these days are hard to find with good GPUs, most of the good GPUs find their way into 16-18" laptops.