Graphics drivers for your laptop

Note: You can get the latest drivers at www.nvidia.com now, no need to use laptopvideo2go

[url]Forums - LaptopVideo2Go Forums

This site has up-to-date drivers for most laptops. Often card and laptop manufacturer’s lag behind updating their drivers compared to the desktop drivers. This site let you take advantage of all the fixes and features of desktop drivers and use them on your laptop. They do this by providing you with a modified .inf file so you can install desktop drivers on your laptop.

Also, if your Nvidia laptop does not have an option for Horizontal Span mode, installing drivers from here will give you that option.

HI I’m contemplating trying this out but still a bit unclear about the process - and the possible problems?

I have a Dell Precision M6300 with a quadro FX 1600m which is roughly the same as a geforce8700m.

Has anyone tried these drivers with the M6300?

really hoping to be able to use horizontal span. I can’t believe Dell call them workstations but leave them crippled (also hate the 4 pin firewire socket instead of 6pin one like thme mac thingies have! - grumblegrumble…).

Rod.

There is an excellent Quickstart Guide on that site: laptopvideo2go.com/forum/ind … topic=9243

As they mention there is no best driver for everything. Some of them are optimized for games, other for video and so on. If a driver doesn’t really work for you, try another one. I also used Driver Cleaner (drivercleaner.net/) back then to clean up before installing a new driver but not sure if that is much of a concern anymore…

In the past I have been very happy with those drivers and always found one that performed way better then the once provided by the laptop manufacturers.

cheers
markus

Using the hack-desktop-drivers-into-your-laptop method was a good way to do it (when this post was started) but NVidia has since made laptop drivers available on their main website.

In short, skip laptopvideo2go and use the drivers at www.nvidia.com (unless of course you wanna run comparative benchmarks and post em here!)

Good point, forgot to update this post when nvidia announced that. I’ll edit the first post so people arn’t misled.