AR - > Geforce Vs Quadro

Hello,

The same consideration, interrogation on every computer’s specification I need to do :imp: . I know that for large, multi display the Quadro is the answer.

A project with 1 display (a Led screen 1400 x 1400 px) + 1 UI monitor but with intensive GPU processing ( I believe :confused: ) : mixed / augmented reality with Zed or kinect in a public place. Consideration are high quality 3d integration / lighting and beautiful render mixed with the scene.

Will you go with a Quadro P5000 or a Geforce 1080Ti 11Go ?
Here I’m not sure that the Quadro offers any advantage over the Geforce
money is a consideration but render quality comes first

Thanks

Xavier

Hey Xavier,

They are almost the same hardware(both based on Pascal GP104 GPU), so they render about the same speed. You don’t need the framelocking capabilities of the quadro for this led setup, and as you will use only one card also not the Quadro gpu_affinity option. The only thing is the P5000 has 16GB of gpu mem against 8GB for the GTX 1080, which could be very useful depending on your scene. Also the quadro can do more H264 encoding streams and the geforce only 2 but you’re not using that either I think.

See some benchmarks here: geeks3d.com/20170515/test-nv … -gtx-1080/

It all depends on available budget, but I’d say you could maybe better spend the $1000 you’ll save on stuff like a fast PCI-E SSD drive or manhours.

cheers, Idzard