3d scanners

Hello, can I use 3d scanners like this for example, to get shape data from real-world objects to create a proper mat to project on them?

TouchDesigner accepts .obj and .fbx file formats to import geometry. So if you can get your scanned data into that file format, then yes you can use such a scanner.

Is there any way of doing basic scanning of a room or object all in touch designer with our kinect rather than totally using unafordable scan tools. If yes how? Has anyone got a simple example to share?(i know nothing is simple in td lol) if we could plug a kinect and get position of 4 walls that would be very usefull or get a ruff scan of a statue.
That would allow us to experiment augmented reality in projections and evolve in 3d mapping.
It seems someone has managed something with htc vive, the thread end up with who wants the code and 3 month later still none of it unfortunately.
I see that everything is possible with external tools, but I’m more interested by touch designer itself.
option 2 burn computer , give all your money to mackintosh and use madmapper, always been impressed by the simplicity and power of that madmapper after using resolume to map for years.

Kinect 2 has software that can do scanning. You would use their software to create you model and import it into TouchDesigner.

Thx malcolm, I was not expecting any reply.
So you think best way to find walls is with CamSchnappr? still not instinctif for me since I cannot reproduce 3d I want to map.(ideally updating model at every scan for dif angle)
Could I for instance make a massive cube that would be to the room dimension, then point a projector in a corner, connect all of it so I get my 3 faces.
then the idea is to get spheres to bounce against walls with shadows to fake reality, make a ‘‘trompe l oeil’’ if you prefer…
In any case I’m having tons of fun with sound analysis, triggering many things.
But what I really want to do is blend all that in the mapping and trigger with kinect but the setup has to be fast ortherwise you never get a chance to deploy it. thx