APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Point Grey Camera

Discuss graphics hardware, computer hardware, and input/output devices to use with TouchDesigner

Re: Point Grey Camera

Postby matthewh » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:53 am

Sounds good. We just ordered a couple of the Blackfly PoE GigE models which use the FlyCapture SDK according to the website for a project so I'll report back on those once we have them up and running with TD.
matthewhaber.com | besidedigital.com
matthewh

Postby matthewh » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:23 pm

I can confirm that the two Blackfly GigE models we got work great with TD.
matthewhaber.com | besidedigital.com
matthewh

Postby viktorlin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:06 am

Hi I've also bump in to question when using gige blackfly cameras (model BLACKFLY BFLY-PGE-13E3M) Fly Capture 2.10.3 on touch designer.
Im currently running this test on a windows10 64 bit os.
1. When I install the 64bit version of fly capture sdk , And runs 64bit version of touch designer. The camera shows up under direct show library. When I choose the device "point grey camera". the camera start working (I can also configure the device and device out) but the image is offset duplicate and glitched (see the attached file) .When I choose point grey in library the camera name automatically show in the device field but I get an unable to start device capture.

2.When I install the 32bit version of fly capture sdk
- on 64bit touchdesigner , nothing shows up when I choose direct show library.And When I choose point grey in library the camera name automatically show in the device field but I get an unable to start device capture.
- on 32bit touch designer , point grey shows up when choosing direct show library, but crash once I set the camera to point grey.And When I choose point grey in library the camera name automatically show in the device field but I get an unable to start device capture.
- 32bit version of fly capture sdk work on max msp , but also cause resolume arena to crash once I choose the point grey camera.
Attachments
glitch.png
glitch.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 7873 times
viktorlin

Postby ben » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:12 am

I recommend using the 64-bit on 64-bit WIndows 10. We will look into this and and see if we can reproduce.

What build of TouchDesigner are you using?
ben
Staff

Postby viktorlin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:46 pm

Thank you for your reply Ben , I'm currently using build 61700 version of touch designer.
Also need to mention the camera (model BLACKFLY BFLY-PGE-13E3M) I use is a mono camera.not an rgb one , should this be a pixel format problem ?
viktorlin

Postby eric.b » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Try using the Spinnaker drivers instead of the FlyCapture. The most recent versions now support older cameras, such as the BlackFly product family. I tried a BlackFly BFLY-U3-23S6C from the BlackFly family in 61700 using Spinnaker and it worked well.

EDIT: Unfortunately this only works for USB 3.0 cameras which GigE is not a part of. More info about camera drivers on their knowledge base: https://www.ptgrey.com/KB/10063
eric.b
Staff

Postby viktorlin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:09 am

eric.b wrote:Try using the Spinnaker drivers instead of the FlyCapture. The most recent versions now support older cameras, such as the BlackFly product family. I tried a BlackFly BFLY-U3-23S6C from the BlackFly family in 61700 using Spinnaker and it worked well.

EDIT: Unfortunately this only works for USB 3.0 cameras which GigE is not a part of. More info about camera drivers on their knowledge base: https://www.ptgrey.com/KB/10063

Thank you Eric !Yeah , Seems like it donest support GigE camera,there is 15m length cable between the camera and my computer.So I have to use GigE .Please let me know if you are not able to reproduce the problem (so I can send you a screen record of more info),or if there's and work around for this.

thank you!
viktorlin

Postby eric.b » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:04 pm

I wasn't able to reproduce with the BFLY-U3-23S6C, but we've ordered a GigE camera so I will try again to reproduce once it comes in. More info and a screen record is always beneficial though.

Eric
eric.b
Staff

Postby viktor.lin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:23 am

Hi Eric is there any update for the testing of GigE camera?
viktor.lin

Postby eric.b » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:02 pm

I was able to get a BFLY-PGE-13E4M working using the 64-bit FlyCapture SDK, but there were still some streaming issues (occasionally it will freeze).

I was using the Point Grey Library option in TouchDesigner (DirectShow shouldn't be used), and I had both my computer and camera attached to the same network hub. Sometimes if device capture didn't start right away I would need to unplug and re-plug the device, or deactivate then reactivate the node. Upon doing that it would start capture.

Let me know if that helps at all.
eric.b
Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware