APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Running on MacBook pro

Discuss graphics hardware, computer hardware, and input/output devices to use with TouchDesigner

Running on MacBook pro

Postby daltonar » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi: There any posibility to run TouchDesginer on a MacBook Pro ? I was thinking in several options such as

1) Boot from USB Drive whit XP SP3
2) Running TouchDesigner onto a virtual Machine using Fusion 4 with OpenGL Support enable
3) Split the hard drive and use Boot Camp for a double Boot O.S.

Regards
daltonar

Re: Running on MacBook pro

Postby keesplattel » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:06 am

I currently use my i7 MacBook Pro for my performances with TouchDesigner. However, I advise you to only consider a custom install trough bootcamp an option. Using a virtual machine seems logical, but it takes way to much performance way due to virtualization. With the bootcamp option I can easily use every resource my system has, just for it.
keesplattel

Postby daltonar » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:17 am

Ok, I run some test and then decide wich option is best. You see posible running with Wine ?

Thanks a lot & Sorry for mi poor english
daltonar

Postby ben » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Unfortunately #3 is the only option that will work with TouchDesigner. Wine or other virtualization software will usually keep TouchDesigner from starting up.
ben
Staff

Postby michela » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:21 am

Does anyone have Touch running OK on a MacBookPro8,1 Intel Core i7 with Intel HD Graphics 3000?

Would be great to have it on my laptop but had assumed the GPU was too low spec, after trying unsuccessfully to get it working on VMware Fusion.

Cheers

Michela
michela

Postby malcolm » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:34 am

Unfortunately the Intel graphic chip doesn't have the power and features needed to run TouchDesigner, sorry.
malcolm
Staff

Return to Hardware