CIA hacking and vunerabilities

I’ve been pretty liberal with trying software from the internet my whole life.

Today I was browsing the forum looking for a external text editor to use. Somebody suggested Notepad++ so I went to the download page and saw that they’d updated it recently, fixing vulnerabilities exposed in a recent WikiLeak.

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/page_26968090.html

This is the entire list of vunerabilities allegedly used by hackers from Wikileaks.

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/index.html

Here’s to starting a conversation about spyware, malware, and privacy protection on the workstations you’ve all spent so much time and money on.

What practices do you do to keep your computers clean and optimum?

I don’t do much, they already know everything about me!

But I a) always keep computer fully updated b) always use an encrypted VPN

I never navigate to un-trusted website on a Windows system, I go to my mac for that for whatever reason. Back in the XP days I remember many a complete Windows reinstall because of some web malware so it is probably more a habit from the past than a real difference nowadays.

Sometimes with show systems in the past, straight through build-install-delivery we have kept them off the internet except for one early firewalled connection to do Windows Updates. Then they are offline after that. That’s only necessary for those take-no-chances mission critical jobs, certainly not easy to work with.