TCP commands for Panasonic VP

Hello,

I try to communicate with a panasonic beamer through TCP/IP
I succeed to establish the communication (with password disabled and port 1024) and I receive from the beamer this message “NTCONTROL 0”
The panasonic manual indicate that I must send a message formatted like that:
‘0’ ‘0’ ‘command’ (CR)
with command PON for power ON
so I write this script:
n = op(‘tcpip’)
n.send(‘00PON\r’)
But I receive an error message from the beamer:
ERRA
There is somebody who know how to solve that?
I succeeded sending PJLink protocol but I need the lens command.
Thank you for your help

Hi Jacques…

I’ve never used tcp/ip, just PJ link, but ERRA is a password mismatch according to the manual, so I would guess it’s a problem with the password still being set.

When you login via the web control, does it ask for a password?

Nick

Hi,

Just reporting on controlling Panasonic beamers with TD.
I’ve had succes using both the TCP command on port 1024 and using PJlink on port 4352. Depending on the projector being used some of the older model seem to require a persistent TCP connection open to the projector to accept the TCP commands. PJLink doesn’t have that requirement. I did not find a quick way of having a persistent connection open with the tcp node in TD.
@jacqueshoepffner you may have had the issue, because the projector was expecting a persistent connection. Once you connect the PJ sends the "NTCONTROL 0"message after which you have to send your command. ( I used packet sender to test that. )

Command example:
power on:
TCP command: ‘00PON\r’
PJLink command: ‘%1POWR1’
Shutter:
TCP command: ‘00OSH:1\r’
PJLink command: ‘%1AVMT 31’

Note: I used the web control page to change the passwords for both admin1 and user1 to empty. ( effectively disabling passwords auth. )

Thank you to resurect this very old post! Presently in holidays I am far away from any Panasonic Beamer but I will try when I come back home.
Jacques

Some questions about this came across the discord channel again, so I’ve included a simple toe file to get everyone started :slight_smile:

Also, this isn’t using the Auth functions, so you’ll need to change the passwords of admin1 (and maybe user1 ) to empty. login to the projector IP via the web browser, and change the password there.

Enjoy !
PJLINK_SIMPLE.tox (1.19 KB)

2 Likes

Great stuff, just got it running. Thanks for sharing!