NVIDIA Flex- tutorials, .toes, tips

Commercial -or- Pro license for C++ ops / plugins.

…aha, so i totally overlooked that there is a “new” file on github!
thank you very much!
very very nice!
have a great day luca

snif, can we pay monthly? if we sign up for a year lets say.

C++ nodes work in non-commercial in the 2018.40000/2019.10000 series of builds

Great news for everyone then, now lets see if we can make it work! thx for that precision.

my computer died few weeks back, so now on laptop so not tried working the fluids in weeks, hopefully its just motherboad.

Hi , me again, so after installing experimental build and visual studio, I get failed to load flex.dll, the file is in right path. what can I do to debug situation from there? thx

or you think maybe graphic card is too low to even load dll or something.
This laptop is quite weak m850 nvidia. i was hoping i could still try with just few splashs

Hey there,

Make sure you copy the other nvidia dlls alongside the flexChop.dll, from the readme :
“You also need to manually copy the flex .dlls (NvFlexDeviceRelease_x64.dll, NvFlexExtReleaseCUDA_x64.dll, NvFlexReleaseCUDA_x64.dll) from flex\bin to CHOP\Source\Release or the FlexChop dll will fail to load.”

Except not CHOP\Source\Release but the TD plugins path.
Will update the doc/toe for the new experimental builds at some point.

thx Vincent , I actually did this already, but I’ll give it an other bash!

Ok so you think it has something to do with me using the 99 version? I see, because I did copy past dll file and the 3 others in plugin path and still red everywhere.

TD88 doesn’t have a plugin folder!*??

we are making progress here, it feels.

You error may be 099 related as I get the same error on 099. Works well with 088.

Since 2019.10000 series ships with CUDA 9.2, but Flex requires CUDA 8.0, you need to have the cuda 8.0 .dlls next to the Flex .dlls as well.

Thanks for info ,I’ll look into that.

after an other attempt

Can someone make a tutorial about this?

I’m sure its clear enough for visual studio gurus or other Glsl prophets, but the common man maybe not.

Because at the moment its like making a puzzle with 1/2 parts missing. One of the coolest thing you can do in TD and we cannot work it out!

There is no plugin folder in touch designer99, at least mine doesn’t !

got back a normal computer! youpi
so reinstalled everything fresh.
thx

Why macintosh sold so many computers? they made it user friendly!

The strange thing is; I still get a message ‘’ this operator requires a Commercial or pro License. despite installing latest version.
I figured the plugin folder is the Sample/cplusplus/chop.
cuda 8.1 is installed…

sorry quite confusing, got 2 computers with 2 touch designer an 88 and 99 version, dll failed to load or requires com or pro. I did copy all these files in ; C:\Program Files\Derivative\TouchDesigner088\Samples\CPlusPlus\CHOP. one pc is laptop the other has windows 7 but good geforce at the moment, not working with either. maybe I’m just really unlucky, I realise that. at least you get feedback from user point of view. probably this windows 7 is to blame

Vinz, in your patch is there a way to readily change the geometry of the collision planes. For example making the planes with a higher poly count like a sphere. I see the calc_planes_equations Base, but I have no idea whats going on inside.

@greenpattern sorry you’re having so much trouble, will look more into the new experimental build at some point though it worked nicely in my test, otherwise a lot of people got it to work with the older production 099 build and a commercial license!

@Rumzie the github plugin I released only supports simple geometry collisions, planes defined by their equation (that’s what the calc_planes_equation does, using the planes normals and position), spheres defined by their radius and position, and boxes.

The flex api also supports triangle mesh collisions but it’s not implemented in the github plugin.

C++ operators required a Commercial or Pro license to run Official and older builds of TouchDesigner. If you update to our latest experimental builds (2019.10000 series), then you can use C++ operators with a Non-Commercial license.

Experimental Builds