GLSL pixel sorter to Movie In File

Hi,
I am trying to get this GLSL pixel sorter shadertoy.com/view/XdcGWf# and use it to drive a Movie File In (static). I downloaded a ShadertoyTouchdesigner.toe project which merges the two codes and creates a proper GLSL TOP.

I am so poor in coding so I have several errors. First of all it is hard to incorporate this code (with other codes from this site I don’t have probs) and the second major problem - I don’t have an idea how to connect it to the Movie File In.

Thanks in advance if somebody can help with a little bit of info…

Cool shader! Here’s a toe for it :slight_smile:
pixel_sorting.1.toe (4.4 KB)

1 Like

Thank you, this is so kind! Great help from your side :slight_smile:

I have a bunch of questions for this issue…

Do you think it’s possible to edit the code and to:

• slow down the time
  • sort pixels by colour
  • incorporate more uniform commands to trigger each colour
  • use the sorter as a transition between two different pictures

I am actually sure it’s quite possible, but not for me at this point…hah

Best,
Anna

This may help you with a bit more customization.
pixel_sorting.toe (4.89 KB)

1 Like

I am a total bushman into this. It is the rgb sorter as I see, but where do you connect the Movie File?

Should I write more uniforms to trigger each different colour channel? I want them finally to be driven by an audio channel expression…

Probably I have to start learning some GLSL syntax, looks impossible for the moment. :open_mouth:

Massive progress - I made the RGB audio reactive, respectively to low, mid and high levels.

But at some point everything finish. I want to make it continually and to transit to a second image…

Can anybody help me with the next step?

Do I need to rewrite the code to get a transition between two pictures through the pixel sorter?

You can use a Cross TOP or a Switch TOP, see example. There’s a slider controlling the Cross parameter. You might have to give it a second because of the feedback.
pixel_sorting.3.toe (5.41 KB)

1 Like

Here’s an idea for sorting a video. You just need a way to decide which pixels to reset and how to reset them. I’ve chosen a Noise TOP and a Matte TOP.
pixel_sorting.4.toe (6.02 KB)

1 Like

This is amazing!
Thank you very much!