3DSite Looking to hire (Touch) Show Programmer

Heya,

this is a small enough list that I can be informal. First of all let me say that it would be a tremendous bonus for us if you are comfortable with Touch, but we know the realities of the current user base, so any comparable experience will be seriously considered.

I would argue that 3DSite is by far the most advanced user of Touch out there, since we’ve been working on live, interactive 3D character projects with Derivative pretty much full time for the past 4 years or so.

We create theme park attractions (primarily, for now, but we are in the process of expanding to on-line, in-store, and other markets), with the best quality real time 3D cartoon characters you’ve ever seen.

We’re looking to hire a full time Show Programmer, someone who will be in charge of our show logic. During the past few years we have develope a system but we need someone to learn it, improve it, mainly standardize it, and help us drive home our current project, as well as lay the methodology foundation for upcoming ones.

You will be interacting with the production staff, import models/animations/assets into the show, help optimize performance, develop reusable components, interface with our Real Time Graphics programmer who will write shaders, light the show and help to speed up the pipeline by implementing hardware functionalities.

You will also travel on site during installation (in this case, Dubai) to interface with actors and clients, to add real time animation controls and in general troubleshoot and deliver a fully functional attraction.

You need to also have understanding and real passion for animation. We’re looking for that rare person who’s both an artist and a programmer, and will not only be very organized and obsessively flexible and modular in his/her network development, but who will also create live controls for our characters, help us advance our application into the realm of artificial intelligence, who enjoys R&D new and never before tried ways of human computer interaction, and also has an understanding of image processing, image recognition, and obiously 3D math.

I know it’s asking for a lot :slight_smile: - but ultimately it’s not so much about the experience (although experience helps a lot) but personality, ambition, curiosity, energy that drives you to try things that no one has tried before, and the patience to deal with the deriving continuous frustration.

drop me a line - or hand this to someone you know.

3DSite is located in Topanga Canyon, CA (bet Malibu and Pacific Palisades).

Cheers,
dani
dani@3dsite.com