dialogue window with multiple options?

Not sure if it’s there or if this is a somewhat urgent RFE, but I only found confirm as the only command that can open a window. Unfortunately it only allows the user to press ok (not even “cancel”, or “don’t confirm”, so I’m not sure if there’s doc missing or what this is for most of the times).

in my scripts I do desperately need a multiple choice window to pop up and say things like “this will import all this data. Proceed? [yes] [cancel]” etc.

is there something out there already, if not, could you guys add it? It’s very useful when designing any kind of UI to be able to query the user about choices.

thanks!
dani

usually I build my own confirm windows.

markus

Yes eventually I’m getting to that, but I’m obsessed with modularity, which usually means things get created and re-created over again by scripts - it’s the only way to avoid human error (once you get past the errors in the scripts :slight_smile:) and speed up production one hundred fold.

That means that there usually needs to be a low-level communication tool independent of the UI you’ve built, to be able to communicate low level stuff to the user, usually programming/script execution choices (“can’t find UI widgets!” [Ignore] [Quit]).

tx
d