2014 Top 7 projects using TouchDesigner

Hi guys !
Please share here your top7 2014 projects,
which used mostly TouchDesigner as real time solution platform.
It can be small or big event it doesn’t matter.

Barak

7? Thats a lot, we’ve only documented 4…although I did just look and it seems that I’ve worked on about 15 projects this year…man… :laughing:

1. Heineken Ignite
    [url]https://vimeo.com/104388812[/url]
    I used TouchDesigner to run a live VJ set on Battersea Power Station. There were a lot of pre-rendered assets beat matched and so on in this, the speaker stack was audio reactive.

2. Hiscox - The house I grew up in
    [url]The House I Grew up in - New Home Insurance TV advert | Hiscox - YouTube
    Advert for Hiscox, TouchDesigner was just used for the projection mapping.

3. Save the Children - Stand with Syria
    [url]https://vimeo.com/89904835[/url]
    Photoshop in was great for this, we had some live tweets too, TD/Photoshop only. Also I got to edit a Banksy.

4. Emirates Air Line Photobooth
    Built a photobooth cablecar thing in TD, No videos here, if you want to see it you’ll have to actually go to the Emirates Air Line in Greenwich.

Are there any tutorials on doing exactly this.

1. Hiscox - The house I grew up in
    youtube.com/watch?v=3s8wF9_cpSo
    Advert for Hiscox, TouchDesigner was just used for the projection mapping.

I want to take a picture of our house, use mapping and project on to it

Hey Khilborn,

There are lots of ways to approach projection mapping these days. One way is to start with a photograph, like you’ve mentioned, and do the mapping in something like photoshop or aftereffects. You might look at kantan mapper in the palette to get a handle on this kind of approach:

derivative.ca/wiki099/index … tan_Mapper

Many modern approaches these days often rely on using a model of your object. In this case camschnapper might be the better tool to consider getting a handle on:

derivative.ca/wiki099/index … amSchnappr

In either case it can be a slightly larger process than many realize - especially in the case of the illusions that are seen in the video. Maintaining perspective, for example, is something that would have to be thoughtfully considered. Mapping with convincing perspective is relative to the position of the observer - which is just important to keep in mind as you get started.

I tried the Kantan Mapper, could not figure it out. Could not figure out how to load the image in order to start mapping.

Did you watch the videos in the link that Matthew posted? It should get you started.