Face tracking-feature detection based on webcam input

This is a long shot, but was wondering if anyone has done any work with facial tracking-feature recognition using TD.
For an example of what I am talking about this is an implementation using an Adobe AIR(Flash) Native extension
flash.tutsmobile.com/face-detection/

Is something like this even possible using TD alone?

Haven’t worked with that Adoble extension but the recent updates we did for Kinect now support some face tracking. You might wand to start with that if you have a Kinect, the face tracking channels are found in the Kinect CHOP.

Thanks Ben, will have a look!

I’ve been trying to enable the face tracking channels on Kinect CHOP, but the parameter UI for face tracking is greyed out. I am able to get skeleton data, but not face. Am I missing a step?

Touch88 build 24240, 64bit. Bootcamp Win8.1, build 9600, Kinect sdk 1.8

It will be greyed out for Kinect2 since we don’t have yet it working. For kinect1 it shouldn’t though.

I figured that was the case. Thanks for info. Eagerly awaiting implementation.

Unfortunately, I can’t get the required KinectV1 runtime to install on my machine. Assuming it’s because of sketchy bootcamp windows 8.1 that I’m using as an “extended demo” before purchasing a real system. Will be on a legit windows machine with licenses-galore (and better specs) soon…

I also have not been able to get the skeletal data from my kinectsv1

hi, sorry to resurrect this post - what’s the best route for supporting face tracking without a Kinect device in current day?

I’ve used opencv with openframeworks in the past to do this. opencv has a lot of support for finding features in video, and there is a lot out there about face recognition. Apparently touch has added support for opencv, so that is where i would look.

Just saw this in the techniques section:

1 Like

Has anyone else had problems with this working
I,ve followed the open cv install instructions etc but it still says
failed to load the dll when i try it out.
i can see the Dll in the folder its expecting as well

opencv_world401.dll
OpenCV3TOP.dll
both of these files are in the Data folder

I,m on widows and an have a commercial licence.
Thanks
Dara