LTC chop?

Do you have any wav files to test the LTC CHOP?

And can I generate an LTC signal directly in touch?

Finally, is there also a way to send timecode with 60fps

many thanks
Achim

Here’s a 10 second LTC clip. Got this from someone else, not sure what tool was used to make it.

There isn’t a way to generate the LTC data in Touch yet, but you could just record a long .wav file with LTC timecode (using some external tool) and use Audio Stream->Audio Out to control and output it.

You should be able to do a 60fps LTC stream, if that’s what you mean?
ltc.zip (1.32 MB)

here is a 1h40m 30 fps file, may be handy :slight_smile:

if you need more or other frame rate format, tell me and i’ll post another file

i’m curious, how would you sync the main timelime of TD with a ltc CHOP ?

cheers
Gato
ltc_1hour_40minutes_30fps.rar (5.64 MB)

It’s an old thread but I came across it today, I thought it’s worth a mention -

I use LTC frequently for generating the timecode I tend to use this online method. All the SMPTE frame rate can be created onto a .wav file:

elteesee.pehrhovey.net

Thank you for that resource…
As far as I see, there is not an “out of the box” way to sync the LTC timecode with the timeline or the timer object. I guess one could programm something, but an option to just link the timecode to either the master timeline or a timer object would be very useful to sync with e.g. lighting desks.
best
Stefan

I agree completely - I’ve been trying this for a couple of day now but I’ve got nowhere.

It anyone a help out here - making use of the frames, seconds minutes etc of LTC (or MTC) to control a time component

Here’s a file to get you started;

ltc out can create whatever timecode you need
ltc in decodes it
I have expressions converting the timecode to a single frame or seconds value to make it more useful.

I just did a show where I was comparing the incoming timecode in seconds to a list of cues (in seconds too), whenever the timecode became higher than a cue I punched in that cue (a dat script loading a .tox on the fly)

You could use logicCHOP with ‘off when outside bounds’, set the bound to the desired cut and use that as a trigger for whathever action.

You could also use the difference between a current cue and the current timecode to know how much time has passed since the last cue… (ex: to be in sync with a song playing…) etc.
timecode_to_frame_to_sec.toe (4.23 KB)

That’s great and does the trick perfectly - Thanks so much