What is Advanced?

Dear TD Users,
I am putting together workshop modules, and while I have a clear idea of a beginners module and many topics that I would think of as intermediate, I wonder what topics would be irresistible for the professionals amongst you?

So far I am thinking techniques:
GLSL, CamSchnappr with several Projectors, Advanced Python, Nvidia Flow (for novelty), Advanced Web Render, working with data from APIs, Making the most out of Physics, AI / Machine learning …

Or maybe some more design centered things like:
Color Theory, Composition in time and space, Realtime Rendering Esthetics, Meaningful audience interaction etc…?

If you got a minute, please reply with topics that you crave for :slight_smile:

Thank you!
Stefan

I am definitely not advanced level but I think that everything is difficult to be found online explained through tutorials, can be an interesting topic.

For example tracking objects by specific colours or blob tracking, it is kind of difficult to find explained.

I think in general computer vision-based projects realized with Touchdesigner are actually lacking, comparing to the audioreactive, kinect, particles ones.

Hey jug97531,

I think you are right - computer vision is definitely hot but underexposed.
Will ut that on the list of topics we should cover in the future,
thank you for your input!

Best
Stefan

very interested in this one, are you considering this in the near future?

cheers

Hello Rui,
not really. It is chronically hard to teach as you need so many components to make it work (Object, virtual Objects, Projectors etc.). I was working on a scene to do it all virtual within touch, but got confused at some point and postponed it to a future full of free time (infinity)
If I ever happen to have all the ingredients in the studio, I will seize the moment…
Thank you for your reply though!
Best
Stefan