Photoshop Brushes

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how to use photoshop brushes with TD?

Hello,
I am collaborating on a movie and performance project with drawing artist. He want to use brush and bezier mask live with projectio on dancer. I made a TD project including four different way to do it:

• using photoshop import, you have a copy of your PS space, without tools but also without alpha mask and you have to unclick to update export in PS.
  • using screengrab, you have real time, get rid of some tools but not all, no alpha
  • using AfterEffect and Syphon/Spout plugin, you have realtime, no tools, alpha mask but AE tools are less practical compared to PS. It is great to have your drawings coming over videos or TD stuff in real time.
  • reinventing the weel, using Tablet CHOP, Line SOP, Feedback and Blur TOPs, you can have a nice line in real time with alpha mask, it works but you lack the quality of FS and AE tools: brush, pen, mask etc.
    The TD tool I made have the four possibilities manageable with a midi controler. We just finished a one week live capture session in Paris and the artist was happy with it.
    Jacques

Do you plan on sharing the .toe?

Not for the moment, to busy to streamline it.
Perhaps in June.

your answer here inspired a possible solution to a problem I’ve been having totally unrelated to photoshop brushes…
that is, just simply drawing ‘garbage masks’ / manually creating alpha mattes. I was using constants and circles or rects and transforming them, and ugh it was just horrible and totally not intuitive. And then…

So i started making a super basic paint program with feedback TOP’s and panel CHOP data. its pretty basic right now, but the proof of concept was up and running in one pomodoro sprint.

Thanks for posting!