working with images in touchdesigner

Hi everyone ! I have a questions, but first, let me introduce myself.
I’m an design student at Bergen university and I discover touchedesigner few days ago, during a workshop with a professor. He helped me for the basis, but I need more information and clues for my personal project.
My project is about city branding. My goal is to involve citizens into the process and ask them to share their experiences about the city. To do so I have designed an application where citizens can log in and share their experiences and send in photos that they thing are special for the city. I have collected many photos. My next step is to design a symbol or a unique element based on these data (photos). I would be really grateful if you could tell me any technics or possibility to create an abstract shape or blending these photos together in this software and bring my idea into the reality. I couldn’t find any similar project or tutorial and because of that I asked it here.
Thank you for reading me and hope you share your experiences with me.

Are you looking to create something static? Or dynamic? Interactive? And is it meant to be 2D or 3D?

The sky’s the limit with TD, but one thing to think about is how you can use 2d images on 3D geometry. The phong material allows you to map images onto objects, use them as normal maps, and more.

You can also transform all these images into channel information via top-to-chop, and do all sorts of manipulation in chop world, before you turn it back into a top, or use that data to drive elements of another image. I could go on and on. The best thing might be to do just dive in and start experimenting, the computer will do something exciting and that will point you in a good direction.