multitrack sound in video

Hello,
Since a bit, I search a way to play in TD a multi stream sound embedded in video.
I tried with a multi stream HAP.mov (baked in FCP with 8 streams to proRes 4444 and then transcoded to HAP Alpha with AVF Batch Convert (I need an alpha layer).
The sound streams are still there, I can play it in DaVinci Resolve.
When I import it in TD, I see the video playing but when I put an audio Movie Chop, there is nos sound.
Someone know a file able to play 4K video with alpha and multiple synchronized sound track?
And a good way to produce it? Reaper produce only unique dreams, same for Resolve. I try to avoid Premiere but if it’s the only way on Windows, I will reconsider my politic :slight_smile:
Thank you to enlighten me,
Jacques

Hello Jacques,

I am running video projection installation using 6 projectors. I have a media with 4 sound tracks. I have tested 2 ways so far which both works :

• play the HAP video file + 4 separate audio tracks (PCM 24 bits) in sync

• play the HAP video file with 4 audio tracks embedded (PCM 24 bits). I can see audio tracks using the Audio Movie CHOP. I had the 4 separate audio tracks + the video so i merged the audio tracks in one file using SoundFileMerger in macOS and then embedded the audio file into the HAP video with FFMPEG (without re-encoding)

I am not using HAP Alpha though

Hello,
Thank you for the SoundFilesMerger app.I was using Wave Agent and so much easier.
How do you use FFMPEG to embed the file? On mac or PC? With GUI or with command line?
I begin to see the light but I still search an app to make directly the edit with alpha on the video output and multitrack sound, I can do it with FCPX but its not Hap…

Hi,

I often use FFMPEG on the command line for more control like copy an audio track from a video file to another. You could also add all the tracks to a video file at once but i found it easier to merge the tracks first.

Adding the merged audio tracks to a video would be like this :

ffmpeg -i input_video_filel.mov -i input_audio_file.wav -c copy -map 0:v -map 1:a output_file.mov

Though i would recommend to use the greatest multi purpose tool for this job : Shutter Encoder
This is by the way a GUI for FFMPEG. Procedure : drag and drop the video file, drag and drop the audio file, then select the “replace audio” function and run it… here you go ! It doesn’t seem to handle multiple audio files though, that’s why i recommend to merge them before

Hello,
Just to know, too much french software to be honest, you must be Martial Gallorini?
Il faudrait que l’on prenne un jour le temps de discuter devant un café!
Bonne journée,
Jacques

Most seriously, thank you for all the informations. I am at the moment in Reims on tour but I will try it when I come back in Paris.
I try also to push Blackmagic to improve Resolve with a real workflow for us with multitrack sound and Hap alpha output but they dont understand their interest. If many people ask them, perhaps we can obtain it.
Thank you

spotted !
Je consomme local, c’est meilleur pour la planète :wink:

More seriously I don’t use french software but great and useful tools.
It happens that French Open source community is really prolific in that matter and happy to share.

I also have some hard time dealing with blackmagic to add silly basic features to their devices

Sinon j’adore le café :wink:

Trust me. I feel your pain on trying to make blackmagic work properly with any addons