Interactive Dressing Room Kiosk

Hi all,

I have a client who wants to have an interactive dressing room screen at their event similar to this: vonbismarklabs.com/portfolio_pag … -wardrobe/

I’ve seen companies such as this one that have these solutions already made, but I would like to try and build it myself. The client’s main requirements are:

• Have a screen which people can stand in front of
  • Interact with it using motion tracking (So kinect, which is fine)
  • Cycle through different clothes (images) which will be static
  • Allow the user to take a screenshot
  • Allow the user to share this screenshot on social media

Has anyone come across something similar to this in Touchdesigner? Do you think it is possible? The main parts I can see being an issue is taking a screenshot of just the person and the ‘clothes’ and the sharing on social media elements.

Hello,

This is all totally possible in Touch! I’ve created very similar projects myself. Many of the different elements you’ll need can be found in shared projects on the forum or FB help group.

In terms of social media integration, it’s pretty easy to send emails with pictures included. (there’s an example file on here somewhere) However, using other platforms API’s can get really tricky. I’d recommend saving the screen grabs to a Dropbox of some kind and manually posting if that’s acceptable to the client.

Feel free to message me if you have more question or get stuck.

Good luck!

Have you been able to achieve it?
The UX and UI with all the augmented buttons could easily be achieved through kinect chop.
However, I believe the difficulty lies in the proper mapping of the dress.

For example, a t-shirt

Regardless of the real-world size. How do we accurately map it to match the arms width and the t-shirt length?

If you have achieved it, kindly share how you’ve been able to achieve the perfect output?