realtime movie capture of touch output? help?

Hello all,

Anyone know a good way to capture a quicktime from touch playing in realtime?

Made a great Toe, it plays a bit chunky because it’s heavy, but it looks great playing in realtime.
I try to capture a quicktime of it, and it looks terrible and nothing like it looks when playing in realtime.
I built the look around the playback speed of my .toe,
so when I record a quicktime, it calculates every frame, not skipping any, and looks like doo doo.

I’ve tried adjusting many operators, but I can’t find the interrelated magic I get in realtime.
Makes me wish for a “capture in realtime” checkbox option in the “create movie” panel.

I’m trying to deconstruct Mixxa because it has a “video sampler” in it,
but I’m not having much.

Any ideas?

thanks

Jim

Use the Movie Out TOP. It captures at the playback speed that your .toe is running. You might need to play with codecs to get a bandwidth you write to at that speed, but try starting out with Photo JPEG.

You need to turn on the Record parameter in the Movie Out TOP to make it record.

Note: If you are recording your movie at a speed lower than $FPS ($FPS = 60 by default), like 20 fps, when you load it back into Touch for playback, set the Sample Rate in the Movie In TOP to the approximate speed your synth was running at. This will playback the movie at the speed you recorded it.

works great!
Love this top!!!
thanks Ben! :laughing:

or use the new Fill parameter of Movie Out to fill the QuickTime with duplicate images when it can’t keep up with FPS = 30 or whatever.