custom parameter outline

I always find myself wishing there was one place where I can quickly access and tweak all the important parameters in a project. Attached is my first working prototype. Do you guys think this is a good direction? Or are there other obvious alternatives I’m not considering? Looks like the opFinder component in the palette could be a more robust solution, but I wasn’t sure how to add custom parameters to it.

I didn’t bother making the example project very clever, but try using your own project to see if it makes it easier to access all your custom pars. :nerd:
custom_par_outline.tox (4.09 KB)

very helpful! will try this out with a project tonight. If you use Tags you could fetch parameters from all kind of operators additionally. … now if we could only tag parameters…

Ahh this is really cool - Love how little extra infrastructure you need to populate the hierarchies of custom parameters.

Does this always maintain outliner parent → child ordering? maybe the opFind maintains this - not sure.

Either way when we start seeing widgets usable… could see these two things being used in conjunction to great effect.

Nice, very cool and useful tool. In most of my scenes I have hundreds of custom parameters so I think being able isolate specific nodes to include by using tags would be very helpful.

+1 for tagging parameters!

tagging individual parameters is exactly the dream i have been chasing!

I do think that the opFind maintains hierarchical order…but not sure how to influence sibling order

Are there any other methods you guys use to organize the parameters of a project that you need to tweak? I’m never quite sure how to bring parameters in and out of a project hierarchy. Seems like an inherent programming issue…like when is something implicit and when is it explicit :confused: Feels like chasing the god particle to me…