Exporting 3D Camera From TD to C4D?

Hi,

I’m starting a new thread on this discussion as requested by Support, but I’ve seen this asked and unanswered previously in the forum.

Is there a way to export the CamSchnappr camera to say FBX so that I can open it up in my 3d package (Cinema4D)? I’ve tried matching the values from TD into my camera in C4D but can never quite get the same view (the parameters are so different, especially after CamSchnappr makes its adjustments).

If not a 1-to-1 export, can someone shed light on how to properly translate the camera correctly?

I have a multiple projector scene that I can lock down pretty accurately in CamSchnappr, just looking to get that scene information (cameras) back into C4D.

Thank you!

That may be tricky. CamSchnappr makes position and orientation but then makes a custom projection matrix instead of focal length and h and v shift, as you’d need for other packages.

If you look into the python code that is doing the work, I’d bet you can expert the other parameters before that matrix is made. They are using ‘standard’ OpenCV functions under the hood, and the parameters you need are what those functions usually make.

Bruce

I’m going to take a look at this and see if there is a more streamlined way to fill the camera values from the values openCV gives us.

Thank you both, I’ll keep an eye on this thread… it’s definitely beyond me to figure out that OpenCV calculation but I appreciate the insight into how it works.