camschanppr: selectObjectTransform

Hello. I am a td starter. I am currently implementing realtime projection mapping through the vive tracker.

1. Why does camschanppr change the point of tx,ty,tz in buttons via selectObjectTransform? (Is it simply a reason to eliminate negative values and make tz zero?)

2. And what is the limit (minimum, maximum) role of rectangle1 in secondScreen?

3. Finally, does the vive tracker’s rotation and translation movement need to be reflected in secondScreen / geoPoints? Or secondScreen / imgPoints?

Hey,

Not sure about your first question. For the onscreen buttons the tz doesn’t matter.
Maybe it’s connected to your second question - the limit, rectangle and ray SOP operators are only there so that the Buttons get an initial position on your projection screen that is approximately close to where you clicked on the mainWindow screen, hopefully making it a bit easier to identify them.

camSchnappr is a camera component. After a successful calibration, the virtual camera, that camSchnappr is, would be positioned where your projector is located in reference to the geometry that you are calibrating to. The Geometry is assumed to be at 0,0,0
Ones the calibration is done, there is no need to feed more values to camSchnappr, the only thing changing is the position of your object which you know about from your vive tracker. So it’s all about the offset of the object you are projecting on I assume.

Hope this helps a bit.
Markus