Best Version of Windows OS for TD on PC Build

Hello!

I have just built my first PC and am wondering what version of Windows would be best to install for compatibility with TouchDesigner. I currently use TD on a Mac, so I am unfamiliar with all the nuances between Windows and TD. For instance, I believe 10 Pro gives the option of turning off automatic updates which seems like it could be helpful if a project deadline is on the horizon. The computer can be assumed to be used solely for TD projects that involve intensive GPU use, peripherals like LeapMotion, Kinect(1 and 2), webcams, various projector models via HDMI and/or CAT5, etc.

Windows 7, 10, 10 Pro?

OEM version?

Is there something else to be considered that I have not mentioned?

Thanks!

I have been using Windows 10 pro with great results. I moved over from 7 about a year ago, and haven’t looked back. I would say avoid 8, had some bad experiences with that.

Windows 10 Pro is fine unless you want to run an installation long term. For long term installations look into Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB alongside Datatons Watchout Tweaks list.

To run LTSB you need to bulk buy but you can get cheapo ones on ebay that people flog off.

Think those eBay LTSB keys are dodgy? $8 is a tasty offer