Does this new Disney patent threaten interactive projection?

Hey all,

An instructor sent me an article about a patent that was just approved for Disney’s “Interactive In-room Show and Game System”
patents.justia.com/patent/10004984

It basically looks like their attempting to patent the idea of creating an interactive space with projection. I read through most of it looking for specifics about technology, new techniques, or anything of the sort that would constitute a patent, but it’s very broad. It talks about using sensors, computers, projectors, and interaction in only very general terms, nothing Disney specific. They also talk about the limitations of it as being “unlimited”, “limitless”, and “limited only by the imagination”. And this seemingly hyperbolic verbiage is in the officially approved government patent document.

I feel like according to the description of what is patentable I found on Legal Zoom - this patent should not have been approved, as it’s describing an “idea” rather than an actual system in any way.
legalzoom.com/knowledge/pat … patentable

So, I read through a lot of it. Am I missing something? Is this a potential threat or unforeseen limitation in any way to creatives and artists? It was just approved on June 28th. Thoughts?

No.