Thoughts on DPI scaling across multiple monitors

Hi Guys,

So I’ve recently been looking at DPI scaling and how to do window placement with DPI scaling and the monitors DAT. I’m not sure if I’m having a bit of an idiot moment but there seems to be no way to have a nice DPI scaled GUI on one monitor and then native output on another.

As a test my main monitor is a 3840x2160 monitor at 150% scaling.
My second monitor is 1920x1080 at 100%.

In my monitors DAT and on my window COMP I turn off dpi scaling, setting everything to native. I set my window COMP to go to bounds.

To get the location of my second monitor I use the following for the width, height, x and y.
width: secondMonitorWidth
height: secondMonitorHeight
x: secondMonitorWidth-boundsLeft
y: secondMonitorHeight-boundsBottom

This places my container perfectly on the display. The issue I have now though is that my UI looks tiny on my main 4k monitor. So we turn on DPI scaling for the monitors DATs and for the window COMP. My 4k GUI now looks great but my second HD output is now in the wrong place. Oddly trying to mix and match DPI with non-dpi monitor DATs to try and solve this also doesn’t seem to work. Is there any way around this issue?

I’m guessing this is because the window just takes the primary monitors DPI when in fact what would be better would be to have a way to oversize the gui to match the DPI. It’s fine for anchored containers but the parameter comp falls down here.

The window should take on the DPI of the monitor that is covers the most. You can see Windows do this as your windows will snap in size as they are dragged between monitors with different DPI scaling. Not sure there is a great solution to this, except for maybe using a OP Viewer TOP at the lower res you want the UI to render at, and scale that up to your native res Window. This is what DPI scaling does right now.

So I guess our only solution is to set DPI Scaling at 100%. Thats fine for my own UI’s but the parameter COMP looks very small…perhaps there’s a possibility of that having an oversize style parameter to make it bigger on 100% DPI 4k displays