Bang the Trigger and wait 10s until I can bang it again

Tried few methods here and I’m sharing my working example. It does what I want now but not sure if it’s the most efficient way so I’m curious for other ways to achieve this:

Bang the Trigger >>>
Trigger stays On for 10s (no matter if I send more bangs during this 10s period it doesn’t get restarted) >>>
Trigger is released to Off so only now I can bang it again
bang_the_trigger_once_each_10s.tox (1.83 KB)

Hey Petko,

The trigger CHOP actually has a parameter called re-trigger delay that does just this. If you wire your button into your trigger you’ll see a few extra parameters become enabled. Take a look here to see that setup:
base_retrigger_delay.tox (1.15 KB)

Oh Matt thanks! Works like a magic… Another one in my list “Obvious little features hidden right in front my eyes”.

Yeah, I thought that this option for Trigger CHOP is so useful that it would be weird to be missed by Derivative. My mistake here is that I didn’t read the wiki first but looked in Operator Snippets and didn’t find it there as a case so I built that logic on my own…but so inefficient!

In general, just curious but a bit changing the topic, is it a good idea to mess with Connector Class to start and stop operators cooking? I’m using similar script in other places where I want to trigger particles to emit from their source in a given moment (so I disconnect and connect them in a script)… I didn’t noticed frame drops because of this but still…

I don’t usually like to connect and disconnect - I know one of the requests I’ve made is to have an ‘active’ parameter on any operator that cooks all the time. That would let you stop cooking without too much wrangling. Until that day comes, however, the technique I usually employ is to use the lock flag. You can lock and unlock operators with Python, which can be very useful. It also holds the data from the last state, which can sometimes be helpful when you want op operator to stop processing, but you don’t want to loose the data / channels / points / etc.