Multitouch on mac

Hello,

I am currently trying to find a way to use multi touch with either my macbook’s track pad or my magic mouse. Basically this is what I’d like to accomplish [url]http://www.anyma.ch/2009/research/multitouch-external-for-maxmsp/[/url]

I’m certain this is possible. any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Nothing built in, though there are probably python libraries for this somewhere. The easiest approach might just be to use the Max patch and pipe the data into TouchDesigner from Max using OSC or something. Are you familiar with Max?

I am familiar with Max and that sounds like a solid plan of action however I’m trying to avoid using multiple applications for this project(also touch designer seems much nicer so far :slight_smile: ). It’s going to be used for a live performance and eliminating moving parts is really wise from my experience.

I’m not very familiar with python however and the wordage surrounding what data I’m trying to access seems a bit convoluted. So far I’m looking into the Apple AppKit and by extension the PyobjC in Python does this seem like the right path so far?

Edit: I also just got a response from the original creator and have some source code