External Tox + Parameters

Hi,
I might be overlooking something here:
If I reference an an external Tox, reload it (manually or automatically on startup) I loose all the adjustments to its parameters. On reload, it just reloads its defaults.
This is the main reason I don’t use this feature a lot. I think it would be preferable to decide if I want to completely reload the tox or just its internals (without its parameter values).
Please tell me that this is already possible.

it would be great if I could change the tox on disk without loosing all the adjustments of its parameters.

Thank you very much

+1

hey hrtlacek,

There are a few ways around this - you can use storage to retrieve values for your parameters. As long as the storage for the vals is at least one object above, you should still have your pars on refresh. This, however assumes that you’ve saved your tox with expressions in the parameter fields. Another way, what I normally do, is to export vals from a constant or DAT at the same level as your tox. Those should persist between refreshes. It’s not ideal,but is a way to work around this problem.

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for the suggestions, but many thanks for affirming that this is as a problem :slight_smile:
cheers,
patrik

My practice with this is to drop .tox components into one spot (like “/components”) and then make clones of them. That way the clones maintain their parameters.

I agree that not copying parameters should be an option.

That said, Tekt’s system is the the best way I know of to work this, even if you had the no-copy option. This is especially true if you’re going to use the custom component in multiple places in your project.