problems with latency with audio

I have a basic audio reactive project. Inside the audio container the audio plays fine , no skipping in the time code or losing sound , come out of the container to the rest of the project the time code skips , audio doesn’t play to an eventual frozen project. Were do i begin looking for solutions? any advice will help?

I often have issues where operators that aren’t visible stop working – sometimes in perform mode, and sometimes when they’re hidden inside a container.

I’ve found a workaround that I’ve used many times, and it’s usually on a CHOP that decides to stop working. If you make the CHOP produce visual output, and then hide the output, things keep working. Try using a “CHOP to” TOP, then make that the background of a Container CHOP (in the Look tab). Position the container off-screen by setting the X or Y value negative. It’s probably smart to use tiny resolution values so this hack costs as little as possible.

I suspect I’m missing a setting somewhere in TD, because this behavior is pretty crazy! It’s like an optimizing compiler gone mad. The workaround wastes computer time… but it works.

Generally speaking, operators only update when their output is being viewed.
The exceptions are operators that output audio, network data etc.
The Null CHOP has a ‘cook always’ flag to force updating, even when not visible.
Might be more efficient , but let us know if there are any cases where you think it
should be updating but is not.
Cheers.