Unity Visual Scripting Experience?

Hello, has anybody here worked with any of the Unity visual scripting languages? Just curious how approachable and powerful you think it is compared to Touchdesigner. I would love to just stay in TD land forever, but Unity’s ability to publish to mobile platforms (especially for AR) makes me want to jump on the bandwagon… :confused:

Hello,
I dont really understand the question. I work sometime with Unity 3D for some things unavailable in TD, like collision but is targeted to video games, not artistic or theatrical installations.
The programming language is C#, not very visual. Very powerful but much more difficult compared to Python.
You can obtain some very incredible think but it is very difficult to manage external events like midi or OSC and there is no real mapping or screen output management.
For my part, I use it sometime beside TD because yu can output images via Syphon.
Jacques

Sorry, should have linked to what I was talking about. There are visual node languages for Unity now, like: assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/59656

Just wondering if any Touchies have experience with these. I hate the idea of learning yet another tool, but I also feel limited because most of the work opportunities i see here (Portland, OR, US) are working with Unity!

I have not tried those unity plugins, but I have used Unreal’s built-in Blueprints and they are pretty powerful and easy to use if you are not comfortable in c++. But you’ll find a severe lack of CHOP & TOP & SOP options compared to TouchDesigner - but Blueprints are great for scripting gamelogic though.

I haven’t used those 2, the big ones as far as I understand are ShaderForge for shaders and PlayMaker for game logic. Both are cool, but I don’t find them really that much easier than anything else. You still have to spend time learning the ins and outs of those node based things, and I found them to be pretty focused on what they do, ShaderForge for shaders and PlayMaker for game logic. If you try to go outside of those areas I’m not sure they’d be easy to use at all. I think it’s comparing apples to oranges, since they have different goals. If AR/mobile is your main thing, then you should probably use Unity.

Take a look at the work of Keijiro, he’s posting a lot of cool creative coding stuff for Unity3D. One of his project is Klak - a node-based creative toolkit, it’s rather simple but contains basic stuff like noise, MIDI, OSC. github.com/keijiro/Klak