Problem with Texture coordinates on a Sphere

Hi there. I’m new to Touch Designer and have basically been following along with various tutorials to learn the program. One tutorial I’ve been following is by Matthew Ragan and it’s an excellent tutorial (derivative.ca/Education/Best … Videos088/) however I’m stuck at the end of the first part of his tutorial for his Instancing & Rendering Techniques Parts 1,2,3 and 4. I’ve rebuilt the first part three times, and gone over it carefully but at the very end I do not see a series of points but just a white blob. The only difference that I can see is that when I select the first sphere1 in the atribute panel, on my version under Texture Coordinates it reads: Equirectangular Inside (Spherical Polar) whereas in Matthew’s example is reads: Natural. I don’t have an option for Natural.

I’m using a non-commercial version of the application. Is that why that option is not available?
I’ve included some screen grabs. If anyone has any suggestions to help that would be great.

Is the geometry you are instancing the same size as the geometry from which you are using t[xyz] channels? That’s what it looks like (I often do this). Maybe scale the instanced geometry down to .05 size.

CutMod, thanks for your reply. To be honest, I’m not sure if it is the same size or not. I did try changing the scale of the original geo object but that just increased, or decreased the size of the rendered object. How would I check the relative sizes? thanks!

Hard to tell from your screen shot, but I am going to guess that there is a SOP inside your 'geo1 ’ and that is what needs to be scaled smaller. The scale on the Geo COMP globally scales geometry, hence your seeing everything scale.
Alternatively you could merge some scale channels before ‘null3’ to scale the instances dynamically (rather than having to change the source geometry all the time).
Depending what SOP your Geo is using as it’s source geometry, you could also probably use your ‘transform1’ to increase the size of the sphere that dictates instance locations.