LED Mapping via PixLite 16 MkII

Hello,

I’m trying to connect my LED stripes to Touch Designer but I have great difficulties with getting what i want, so i hope that you guys will have the answer for this problem.
I searched the derivative forum and found no answers to these questions. If I missed something, correct me please :slight_smile:

1. I have 4 LED Stripes (ws2812b). Each one has 60 LEDs. LEDs are connected to PixLite 16 MkII Control Board by Advatek Lightning. One Led Stripe = One Output.
    The point where i’m lost is the setup of Advatec Assistant so that Touch Designer could read it and send values properly.

As you can see on the picture below, I have no access to “End Channel” (values doesn’t change when i edit “Start Channel”). Do anyone have idea what values should i set?

(click to get full picture)

1. What should I correct in Touch Designer (project file attached)?
    When I try to set the value of Split N Samples to what I think is correct number (4 x 3 x 60 = 720 samples) I get warning that “Message clamped to 512 values.(Maximum supported is 512 when fully licensed)”.
    I have non-commercial version. So does it mean that i have 512 values or not? Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
    pixelite LED mapping.toe (4.81 KB)

Just gonna paste my answers from the facebook helpgroup here:

To make it easier, set the start Channel for each output to 1. as you are specifying a new universe for each output, this is the easiest way to start your explorations.

About the splitting of the channels: you want to “Split N Samples” with the N value being 180 - equivalent to the number of values you are sending per universe. So the output should be 4 channels with 180 samples each. The message is a leftover and as you rightly mention, doesn’t mean anything as a universe in DMX or Art-Net holds a maximum of 512 values.
Next perhaps look at how the color samples are fetched from the texture. The TopTo CHOP takes as the first input values that are interpreted as UV lookups into the image. UV meaning that it takes the texture as a unit square: the x resolution is independent from it’s pixel resolution interpreted as 0 to 1 and the same with the y resolution. So the position of all your strips needs to be normalized or at least within a 0 to 1 unit position.
I’ll post a file that shows this hopefully clearly - let me know if there are any further questions.
pixelite LED mapping.1.toe (5.34 KB)

Thank you!

I have managed to map pixels in both Resolume and Touch Designer with setup on the screens below. Universes are from 1 to 4 so I’ve renamed Universe 0 to 1. What is strange - Output 1 generates universe 1, Output 2 - universe 3 and so on, universe 5 and 6 by outputs 3 and 4. I cannot explain it.

Hey I think I posted to the facebook group too, but for anyone else wondering, I’m betting the reason for it skipping every other universe is “Expanded Mode” in the LEDs tab of Advatek Assistant. That setting allows you two hook two strips up to one output, uding the CLOCK line as the second data line output. This is only the case for 3wire LEDs, not 4wire since they use the clock line obviously.

800x500bb.jpg
If that setting was already normal, or you were using 4wire LEDs, then I’m not sure what the actual answer is, and it would be interesting to investigate further.

The next Official and Experimental builds will have some examples in the OP Snippets for the DMX Out CHOP.

1 Like