CPlusPlus TOP Not Loading in Player

Hi,

I’m using TD 088 62960 Commercial on Windows 10. I have a CPlusPlus Top that I wrote which works fine in the IDE (TouchDesigner) but doesn’t seem to work at all in TouchPlayer. It’s compiled as Debug and I have TOUCH_TEXT_CONSOLE=1 so I can see printf output. In TouchDesigner I can see the printf’s about the dll loading, initializing and cooking. In TouchPlayer I see nothing at all.

I’ve tried relative and absolute paths to the dll without luck.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Clay Budin
NYC

On the machine with Touchplayer, do you have a TouchPlayer Commercial license?

Hey Clay,
I’m unable to reproduce the issue. Can you provide more details and confirm nettoyeur’s question?
Thanks
Malcolm

Hi,

Yes, Commercial license.

I too am seeing some cases (toe files) where the dll loads and some where it does not. I’m currently looking a little deeper into it. I will report what I find.

Thanks,
Clay Budin
NYC

A very basic thing, but always good to doublecheck that all .dll and other files your .dll needs to run are in the same folder on the TouchPlayer computer. I have burned myself on that multiple times in the past…

Idz - do you use VFS for this these days? We’ve had some internal discussion about how to take better advantage of that feature and .dll wrangling is one of the places where it seems to fit well.

Hey Matthew, no I’m more a asset folder fanatic, where I have a standard folder structure for each project/asset. This seemed the easiest to maintain&update (git).