Ignoring transparent areas during touch

Hi,

Am trying to make a touchscreen based puzzle game, am trying to use containers/panels with images as puzzle pieces for touch input. The problem is if i have several pieces overlapping how can i ignore the transparent area on top piece to select the piece underneath it? have attached an image from Unity 3d forum which explains my problem. Perhaps my approach is wrong in using containers using panel execute, any other way to do this? (render pick?) any insights / solutions will be highly appreciated.
touch.jpg
Thanks very much.

As far as I’m aware panels are always quads and touch response can’t ignore areas. Renderpick is the way to go.

Thanks very much guys, will give Renderpick a go.

When I have non-rectangular buttons and I want to ignore certain regions I use a Panel CHOP to a Script CHOP that samples the UV coordinate of an image (see “sample” derivative.ca/wiki088/index. … =TOP_Class)

But if you’re moving buttons around like puzzle pieces, having a render pick affect geometry placement is probably better than a having a panel chop affect container placement.

Thanks DavidBraun, Renderpick some how didn’t solve my problem, perhaps i was doing something wrong, managed to cook up a network based on your suggestion, seems to work for now, testing it further…