logitech brio webcam output

hi - I’m super new to TD, and working on a very simple application of real time comping some imagery over the output from a streaming webcam: a logitech brio. The TD project file is working great. Feed in the web cam via a video device in node, merge over top our imagery with alpha, and all good.
However, the only output we can get out of the logitech brio is super low res at 640x360, as seen in the options>device output dialogue. There’s a pull down menu giving loads of options up to 4K, and what we need is HD 1920x1080 which is easily what the brio can do. But when we choose any other option in the menu a little window pops up saying:
Error connecting: This format is not currently available.

It’s like there’s a missing driver or update or something and TD can’t deal with it.
Anybody have any ideas what to do?
thx in advance,
Mark

Can you try the Media Foundation Library? You may have better control over the webcam vs. the DirectShow driver.

hi Malcom!
Thanks for that, it totally worked. Gave me loads of options and now getting the right signal thru.
Next question is that I can’t get the aspect ratio right in perform mode. I’m trying to display on a monitor and no matter the setting, in perform mode it always displays the out node in what looks like 4:3 so there’s black bands down the sides and the image is stretched vertically/squashed horizontally. How do you control that?

What is the resolution of the COMP you are using to display your image?

there it is!
I forgot about the higher level, was buried in the nodes of the project. Dialed out to the COMP level and the display there is set to 800x600.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to the newbie questions.
Mark

A post was split to a new topic: Video In TOP crash after a few hours