Pattern recognition in images

Hello, I cannot find much information about Pattern recognition.
You see how face book can track faces of people on your pictures, that is what i’m talking about.
Or if you had to compare, match finger prints scanned on these cool finger scans.
Now i get to that particular example:

Let say I want to align a flock of pictures using the left eye as a center point, how would you approach that? possible in TD? thx

That falls broadly into the category of computer vision in computer science - so that’s the term you’ll want to use when seraching the web. Many of those operations are facilitated through the openCV libraries out there in the world:

opencv.org/

There aren’t any native openCV objects in touch, but you can:

• work with the openCV libraries in Python - though the implementation is often slow
  • write a C++ TOP to use openCV, faster but requires knowledge about working with C++

TUIO is supported in DATs, so if you have a helper instance of TUIO running you can receive messages about markers and their locations without having to do the computer vision end yourself:
tuio.org/

RE: your particular question. Do some searching for eye tracking and computer vision. That should land you on some papers about methodologies and techniques used, and then you can decide how to approach. That likely requires faster processing of image data, so you’d likely need to go the C++ TOP route, or look for a solve that mean eye tracking in a dedicate app that streams data to Touch.

Great thx for info, It does sound complex! probably beyond my reach but still interesting!
I will do some research on computer vision in computer science and open cv, as its not first time I would need it to do stuff (mostly track stuff).
C++ nodes will require a full version of Touch Designer that I don’t have yet, but soon.
I was hoping TD could recognise a perfectly round shape in a picture type iris of an eye in a portrait in an easier way.
I’m sure one day I will manage to do at least a 2/10 of all ideas i have to make cool visuals, work in progress, in a year I went from 0.1/10 to 1/10. lol you guys help a lot thx