NDI datarates in TD?

Using a direct computer to computer ethernet connection I’m sending a 1650x1080 desktop image using the NewTek Scan Converter. Sending moving images from 1st computer, my ‘NDI in’ op seems to ‘draw’ about 16Mbps on ‘high’ bandwidth? And it has a little chroma fringing in the details, like smaller fonts. Is there a bandwidth/datarate limit vis’a’vis the NDI in op or is that a function of something else? NewTek forum research seems to imply 20-200 MBps for a 1920x1080 image.

My PowerPoint and Video signals over NDI seem a little chunky (and inconsistent). Trying to find where the possible bottlenecks are. FWIW, I’ve seen computer images over NDI within the TriCaster environment and the images were very clean.

My advice would to be to check with Powerpoint & NDI Scanconverter on one PC, and the free NDI Studio Monitor app on the other pc. (download here) That way you’ll know quickly if the compression loss you see is because of the limitations of the NDI codec.

Also I’m guessing the actual bandwidth of the stream is highly dependent on how many changed pixels you have each frame - so a Powerpoint presentation would probably mean a lower bandwidth compared to a fast footballgame for instance.