timing chop only timesliced - how to deal?

the timing chop seem to be only timesliced - ie it outputs 4 frames, and the timeslice toggle is on and greyed out.

first: is this for a reason or just a change that will need to be made?
second: I’ve noticed there are other chops like that. I’ve tried appending a trim chop to the timing chop, and deleting everything but the first sample, but there is a discrepancy between the icon view of the timing chop and the icon view of the trim right after it. they go off at different times.

any advice?
d

The timing CHOP should be timesliced in a real-time system. If your Timing CHOP is 4 samples long, that means your project is running at 1/4 the speed of the Global Frame Rate. ie If your global frame rate is 60fps, and your Timing CHOP reports that it’s output is 4 frames, then you project is running around 15fps. I do not see why you wouldn’t want the Timing CHOP timesliced so you always get the proper values from it downstream. What are you trying to use it for?

Open a fresh session and lay down a Timing CHOP, it will only be 1 sample long if Touch is running as fast or faster than the global fps.