Animation Editor and Timeline

I use an animation comp with playmode sequential. When running the animation, the animation editor gives me only the current frame in terms of the timeline which is wrong in sequential mode. I cant find a way to get a display of the actual frame of the animation. Am i missing something ?

In sequential mode it will just play and the purple ‘play head’ line in the animation comp still represets the timeline. Not sure if its a bug or if it’s intented but I’d love to have a visual reprensentation of the playhead too.

If you want to know the frame # you could create a channels that goes from 0 to 1 for a fraction or 0 to X (your total number of frames). That way the animation will at least tell you which frame it’s currently on.

Or you can control it with it’s input index.

There are other ways/tricks to play with the animation comp if you output the full range, merge with other chops and play with a lookupCHOP.

True…There are simple solutions and i tried some.But they do not really give you an effective way to edit an Animation if you Dont know where you are on the timeline in the grafics of the Editor.
I used the Animation Editor a Lot during the last weeks and it seems to me several important functions are just missing…they are not bugs. .they are just not developed and this makes the Animation comp difficult if not impossible to use…especially in bigger Networks.