OS Compatibility operators

hello,

i am quite new to TD and find this piece of software quite amazing !

I am using 099 under macOS and i find some operators are incompatible with that OS (Kinect, SVG, web renderer etc…)

Is there any plan to make them work under macOS or is it technically a dead end ?

thanks a lot

Some will work, done will not. SVG will likely never work as-is because it’s uses an Nvidia extension that I highly doubt Apple will add support for. Web Render should be coming though. Kinect may become partially function since there are tools to get some data out of it for macOS.

wow, i would never have imagined that SVG was so tied to hardware and complicated to port to multiple platforms ! i imagine this is specific to how TD works because SVG has lots of implementations in many frameworks

I know Kinect is tied to Microsoft SDK in windows though, but yes, there is some open source alternatives on other platforms that i hope could make it to TD as SDK exists only exists for Windows.

There are certainly many implementations of SVG. The one we used is hardware accelerated using an Nvidia specific feature though. That’s not to say SVG will never come to macOS. Just not in it’s current form in the SVG TOP.