FIXED: mouseclick on mac not on tip of arrow

Im new to touchdesigner. I am using it on mac and experience something very irritating. whenever I click on something in touchdesigner the mouseclick doesnt correspond to the tip of the mouse arrow as usual but to the bottom of the arrow.

is this a bug or is there a setting somewhere in touchdesigner for this? it works fine in any other program on my mac

We’ve had a couple of other users with this issue, but hadn’t been able to resolve it yet. This is the earlier thread - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10259

Can you let us know what your system setup is (os version, retina settings etc)? If you are on a laptop and using an external monitor, does it make a difference if you unplug? Using retina at native resolution? Can you let us know what mouse you are using?

Lastly, I’ve attached a .tox file from the previous thread for testing. If you load up the file and mouse over the panel,is the white dot offsetted from the mouse pointer tip? If you go to its parameters->Panel->Cursor and change the cursor from Normal Select to Activate, do you still have the same issue?

We hope to get this resolve soon.
dot_follow_mouse.tox (462 Bytes)

Had a similar problem before I recently switched to PC.
An annoying but easy fix for me was to full screen the program which usually fixed that.
Once you’ve fullscreened it you can un-fullscreen it and it should still work normally but some functions (such as perfomance mode) would bring the problem back again for me.
Hope that helps

(13’ Retina MBP)

Thanks! This solved the issue. Strange though but it works.

We think we’ve figured out this issue. If you open up TouchDesigner, can you go to the View menu item and see if it is set to Show Tab Bar, and if yes, toggle it off? We’ll get the mouse coordinates fixed in an upcoming build, but I think this is the source of the offset.

Thanks! This made it!

Would you mind toggling it back on, and then sending this file to support@derivative.ca?

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/ca.derivative.TouchDesigner099.plist

I just want to confirm the issue. Thanks.

sure
(im using mac. doesnt seems to be a problem on windows)

Yeah, it is new settings in macOS 10.12 that doesn’t exist in 10.11.