TD099: td.evalStackInfo(), how to use?

Build 7180 has a new feature in the td module:
https://www.derivative.ca/wiki099/index.php?title=Release_Notes/099/1#Build_2017.7180_-_Jun_05.2C_2017

On the LFO pulse, I was expecting something like

/chopexec /lfo1

Instead I see this:

/chopexec /chopexec

What is the meaning of this output? Also, what are some uses for td.evalStackInfo? For example, I have a non-cooking replicator inside a container that gets cloned, and the replicators in the clones are cooking. Neither the master operator nor template dat are cooking. Can I use td.evalStackInfo to figure out why the replicators are cooking? The performance monitor doesn’t show what’s causing the replicators to cook, so I’m wondering how td.evalStackInfo can help.

Hi.

In the pictured case, chopexec gets triggered after the LFO CHOP has cooked though, which is why it’s not included in the stack info unfortunately.

It’s actually a work in progress, designed to help figure out why things are cooking as you noted, and may actually be moved to another namespace, if we can determine its usefulness.
We may have published it a bit early.

If you can post or email a small example of the replicator cooking when you think it shouldn’t we might be able to diagnose more closely.

Thanks.
Rob.

Is anyone doing anything useful with project.stack() ?Release Notes/099/Experimental - Derivative I’m dreaming of a WinDirStat visualizer for cook times. It would be a really practical application of replicators, containers and nesting. plot.ly/python/treemaps/ would be a starting point for figuring out the size and placement of each container. Free idea :laughing: