can a commercial player license play pro files?

Hi,

I have Touch Pro, and would like to create a project which my client would view using a $300 commercial player license. I wouldn’t be using any of the features that are unique to Pro and not to Commercial.

Will the Commercial Player work? (since this is just for client viewing and testing work in progress, not for final consumption, a price tag of $800 just to see work in progress would not be appropriate for me to propose :slight_smile:

thanks for any info,
dani

Yeah as long as you don’t use any Pro Only features, then your .toe will work in commercial or non-commercial. You can even lock .toes and .toxes in Pro and still have them be accessed in other versions. The file you create is not inherently limited to the license level it was created at. (Correct me if I’m wrong, Derivative)

Yes that’s all correct. Just to clarify, you can not access (ie. go inside) a private file or component when using other versions, they are locked up just like they are in Pro. But you can use them in your files at any licenses level and they stay locked up. The wording above might have caused some confusion.

The recently updated list of Commercial/Pro only features is here:
derivative.ca/wiki099/index … =Licensing